There are SO many things to LOVE about London! Here are our 6 favorite London attractions from our trip last week. We had so much fun! I have included several short videos from watching the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace to walking across the glass floor on the Tower bridge. If you are headed to London anytime soon, I recommend visiting these areas for sure.
1. Buckingham Palace and St James Park – Favorite London Attractions
We walked from St Ermin’s Hotel (We loved staying there, but more about that later.) to Buckingham Palace. And we arrived at the gates just in time to watch the changing of the guard. It really is impressive to see especially with the amazing palace as the backdrop. The sun was shining, the flowers were starting to bloom and everyone was happy to be outside.
I even ran into Katie, my friend from college! What a small world! From there we walked through the beautiful St James Park. The flowers are starting to bloom and the swans are out and about in the lake. What a lovely day.
2. Westminster Abbey
Close to Buckingham Palace is the stunning Westminster Abbey. Since 1066, the Abbey has hosted every coronation, and is the final resting place for the great kings, queens, poets, musicians, scientists and politicians of our past. Walking through the Quire is breathtaking. On Monday, March 11th we were walking by the Abbey as the Queen and other members of the royal family were celebrating the Commonwealth Service!
3. Covent Garden – Favorite London Attractions
Covent Garden is my favorite area to walk around. In London’s West End, Covent Garden is a must see for shopping, theatre, restaurants and bars.
4. South Bank and London Eye
You can’t miss the London Eye on the South Bank. Be sure to catch a ride to see the most beautiful views of London. It’s worth it.
While over on the South Bank we had High Tea in the OXO Tower Restaurant with the most stunning view of St Paul’s Cathedral across the river.
5. Trafalgar Square – Favorite London Attractions
Trafalgar Square is a public square in the City of Westminster, Central London, built around the area formerly known as Charing Cross.
6. Tower Bridge – Favorite London Attractions
The Tower Bridge is a definite must see. The bridge crosses the River Thames close to the Tower of London and has become an iconic symbol of London. Touring the bridge inside and walking along the glass floor is amazing.
We stayed 6 nights and we thought that was the perfect amount of time to see the sights, take in a show, check out the night life and have time to relax in between. Next up will be our favorite places to eat, so stay tuned!
You May Also Like
- Our Myrtle Beach oceanfront condo is available to rent now!
- Boca Raton Living: As you know, Boca Raton is our favorite vacation spot. We’ve been coming here for almost 25 years now. (We were here on our honeymoon 24 years ago this month, and we’ve visited every year since!) Here are a few snapshots of this trip including some of our favorite things.
- What to Pack for London this Spring? Here’s what I’m taking.
- Explore Charleston in the Spring: There are so many fun things to do, places to eat and shopping galore!
- The Sights of Charleston including the College of Charleston.
Subscribe HERE to get stories delivered to your email inbox.