I opened my Etsy shop December 2008. It’s hard to believe, but 10 years later I’m still motivated and inspired to keep learning new things and new ways to improve my online business. A few years ago, I updated my site to an e-commerce shop. Now customers can find me online here as well as Etsy. I have listed some tips on how to stay inspired as an artist. These work for me. I’m sure you have others. Cheers to always learning and growing.
How To Stay Inspired As An Artist
1. First and foremost, love what you do. In other words, before you turn your hobby into a business, make sure you are truly passionate about your craft. You do not want to ever feel that your craft is becoming a burden.
2. Surround yourself with positive thinking people who have similar interests. For me personally, the connections I make at entrepreneur and business conferences are invaluable. It’s nice to be a part of a group that understands what you do. In addition, I always learn from fellow artists and business owners.
3. Take a break. If your work is becoming a chore, stop right there. For example, I like to take a walk, get some fresh air and clear my head. I work from home, so even cleaning the kitchen or starting a load of laundry can get me out of the chair and moving around.
4. Feedback: I like to get feedback from my family and friends. Sometimes a “friendly” critique is exactly what I need.
5. Crank the tunes! Music definitely gives me a burst of energy. I always have my playlist ready when I am painting.
6. Get organized: How to stay inspired as an artist starts with being organized for me. I feel better when my office desk and work space is clean and organized.
7. Start something new. I have a million ideas in my head at all times. Just ask my family! I love starting a new project or trying a new technique. You never know where it might lead. It could turn out to be your new best seller.
8. Teach: I have to say that teaching others inspires me the most. Above all, sharing ideas with others rejuvenates me and reminds me why I love what I do.
You May Also Like:
- New Laura Trevey designs and where to shop them.
- Pineapple Bedding and Decor 20% off sale.
- Greatest Showman Quotes to keep you motivated.
- 10 Inspirational quotes from entrepreneurial women.
- Coastal Living Inspired – Shop this tropical design for bedding and bath.
- Follow our Monday Inspiration Pinterest board for motivating quotes.