I love to explore Charleston in the Spring. There are so many fun things to do, places to eat and shopping galore! My daughter Carole and her friends visited Charleston this past weekend and I thought I would share her experience with you including her beautiful photos. If you’re looking for an amazing weekend getaway, I highly recommend this beautiful destination full of Southern charm. The girls stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on Calhoun Street which is right in the center of everything. They walked everywhere and never needed a car.
Explore Charleston: Highlights of Carole’s Trip:
A trip to Charleston would not be complete without walking through the gorgeous campus of College of Charleston. Fun fact: CofC was named Travel and Leisure’s 2017 Most Beautiful College Campus! Luckily their hotel was right around the corner! Their first full day included a lot of exploring the campus, shopping on King Street, lunch at the Lost Dog Cafe in Folly Beach and walking on the pier.
Day two included walking up and down Rainbow Row, for scenic insta-worthy shots. Just take a peek at the pastel colors and window boxes bursting with Spring blooms.
Oh, and one more thing! Don’t miss Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits in Charleston City Market (believe me, you can thank me later!). It really is a small world. I met Callie at The Southern C Summit last month and tried her delicious biscuits. Completely unrelated, Carole told me that her favorite meal while she was there were these homemade mouth-watering good biscuits.
Comfort is Key: Shop Walking Shoes
Nothing is more important than packing a comfortable pair of shoes. Charleston is a walking city and you will want to treat your feet to a comfy new pair of sneakers.
Explore Charleston and other Beautiful Destinations:
- MORE sights of Charleston from a previous trip.
- Explore Alaska: Best Alaska Cruise Review aboard the Ruby Princess. If you’ve ever thought about an Alaska Cruise, do it! We took the 7 day inside passage aboard the Ruby Princess and it was a trip like no other. I cannot put into words the beauty of the green water and majestic glaciers. We soared over the incredible landscape in helicopters, went dog sledding on the Mendenhall glacier, saw a bear up close and personal catching his salmon lunch for the day and much more. Here’s an overview of our itinerary with highlights from our trip.
- 5 Ways to JUMP into SPRING.
- View our snapshots of the award winning Sea Island Resort on the Georgia coast.
- View photos from our 3 bedroom Myrtle Beach oceanfront condo rental at The Southwind. Book your stay.
- There’s planty of inspiration in Boca Raton Florida to make you want to pack your bags immediately. See for yourself!
- Top 3 reasons to visit Wynwood Walls in Miami.
Shop Latest Watercolors!
Shop original art. Click on links below to shop the latest watercolors in my collection or view all original paintings. If you’d like to send as a gift to a friend, please add a personalized note (in notes at checkout) for me to include. All artwork ships in 2-3 business days. I offer Free Shipping and your original painting will arrive safely packaged on white foam core board in a plastic sleeve.
Holiday Feels Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Pretty In Pink Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Cotton Candy Skies Watercolor$450.00
Modern Royal Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Golden Hour Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Best Day Ever 11×15$195.00
Good For The Soul 11×15$195.00
September Song III Watercolor 11×15$195.00
September Song II Watercolor 11×15$195.00
- Tip Of The Day
- New! Framed Art Canvases
- Art Opening at Ellie Proctor Antiques
- 10 Ways I’m Falling For Fall
- Would You Like a Good Night’s Sleep?