I love to explore Charleston in the Spring. There are so many fun things to do, places to eat and shopping galore! My daughter Carole and her friends visited Charleston this past weekend and I thought I would share her experience with you including her beautiful photos. If you’re looking for an amazing weekend getaway, I highly recommend this beautiful destination full of Southern charm. The girls stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on Calhoun Street which is right in the center of everything. They walked everywhere and never needed a car. If you are thinking about booking your trip, check out Expedia’s list of 30 Things to do in Charleston and peruse #explorecharleston on Instagram for inspiration.
Explore Charleston: Highlights of Carole’s Trip:
A trip to Charleston would not be complete without walking through the gorgeous campus of College of Charleston. Fun fact: CofC was named Travel and Leisure’s 2017 Most Beautiful College Campus! Luckily their hotel was right around the corner! Their first full day included a lot of exploring the campus, shopping on King Street, lunch at the Lost Dog Cafe in Folly Beach and walking on the pier.
Day two included walking up and down Rainbow Row, for scenic insta-worthy shots. Just take a peek at the pastel colors and window boxes bursting with Spring blooms.
Oh, and one more thing! Don’t miss Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits in Charleston City Market (believe me, you can thank me later!). It really is a small world. I met Callie at The Southern C Summit last month and tried her delicious biscuits. Completely unrelated, Carole told me that her favorite meal while she was there were these homemade mouth-watering good biscuits.
Comfort is Key: Shop Walking Shoes
Nothing is more important than packing a comfortable pair of shoes. Charleston is a walking city and you will want to treat your feet to a comfy new pair of sneakers.
More Fun Picks To Pack:
Explore Charleston and other Beautiful Destinations:
- MORE sights of Charleston from a previous trip.
- Explore Alaska: Best Alaska Cruise Review aboard the Ruby Princess. If you’ve ever thought about an Alaska Cruise, do it! We took the 7 day inside passage aboard the Ruby Princess and it was a trip like no other. I cannot put into words the beauty of the green water and majestic glaciers. We soared over the incredible landscape in helicopters, went dog sledding on the Mendenhall glacier, saw a bear up close and personal catching his salmon lunch for the day and much more. Here’s an overview of our itinerary with highlights from our trip.
- View our snapshots of the award winning Sea Island Resort on the Georgia coast.
- View photos from our 3 bedroom Myrtle Beach oceanfront condo rental at The Southwind. Book your stay.
- There’s planty of inspiration in Boca Raton Florida to make you want to pack your bags immediately. See for yourself!
- Top 3 reasons to visit Wynwood Walls in Miami.