I’m finally ready to show you our white and gold kitchen makeover! We are so happy with the way it turned out. The gold jewelry (modern brushed brass hardware, faucet and lighting) just sparkles against the white cabinets and polished white carrara marble countertops. All sources are linked for you to get the look. I’m still on the hunt for some different bar stools and a rug for the kitchen table area if anyone has suggestions! Should I stay neutral with a gray rug or make the area pop with a navy and white rug? I’ll show you the family room as well so you can see the transition. It’s an open floor plan, so basically all one room. Anyway, we are thrilled, and I’m excited to share the sources we used.
Our White And Gold Kitchen Makeover
The process started with shopping for the perfect marble countertop. Yes, we were advised on how to care to marble and how easily it is to stain. So far so good and you just can’t beat the gorgeous look of natural stone. After looking at hundreds of slabs of stone, we decided on this white carrara extra polished marble. The cabinets were a natural wood and we had them painted white which instantly updated the room. After searching and searching ideas on Pinterest, I knew that I wanted white kitchen cabinets with gold hardware.
White and Gold Kitchen – Gold Accessories
After deciding on a white and gold kitchen, the next thing to shop for was the gold lighting, faucet and hardware. This was the real exciting part. For lighting, we chose two mini lanterns above the island and the coolest gold drum chandelier above the kitchen table. Our faucet is the Cassidy Delta faucet which is incredible. And my favorite gold accent is the Lew’s brushed brass hardware. I had looked and looked for gold hardware for kitchen cabinets and this modern pull caught my eye!
After we found the white and gold kitchen accessories, next was to find the paint color to bring it all together. We chose Nimbus by Benjamin Moore for the paint color for the kitchen and living room. It’s the perfect neutral. We actually love the color so much that we painted our upstairs hall and guest bedroom the same color. It’s inviting and fresh, and each room feels updated and new.
Get The Look – White and Gold Kitchen
Want more inspiration? View these fab home tours:
- 10 BEST home tours to inspire you! Click through to visit some beautiful homes and get ideas for decorating your own home. From modern to traditional, you will find one that inspires you.
- Lacquer it up! Meet Allison Purcell. Her jaw dropping gorgeous home will leave you longing for bright bold and beautiful colors. When I say bold, I mean knockout rooms to die for. When most people jump on the lacquer train by painting a console table, Allison pushes the envelope and lacquers her dining room walls and ceiling!
- Stylish Home Trends: 8 style tips to steal from these newlyweds.
- How to decorate with purple without overdoing it. Take a peek at this beautifully designed room with pops of purple and orange, yet so soothing at the same time!
- Coastal Living Inspired: Check out this resort worthy home filled with bright whites and sea inspired colors.
- View all home tours here and subscribe to lauratrevey.com to get the next one delivered to your inbox! See you soon.
Photography for lauratrevey.com by Kim Frost.