I make my apple boxwood topiary for our Christmas table centerpiece every year. I use an apple cone tree base that was handed down from my grandmother. Readers always ask where they can purchase one of these bases, and I am happy to report that I have found plenty of them available on ebay. Find directions on how to make an apple boxwood topiary below.
How To Make an Apple Boxwood Topiary
What You Need:
- I use approx. 3 bags of small to medium size red apples.
- Cut some boxwood clippings to use as filler.
- A graduated cylinder shaped wood block with hammered nails. I have had this wood block for years.
- Place the apples, starting at the bottom of the base, around the base until covered.
- The apples stay secure and in place by the nails.
- Take boxwood clippings and fill in the gaps. Make sure the wood base is completely covered.
- That’s it!
I like to use this fruit arrangement as my Thanksgiving table centerpiece as well as Christmas brunch. Bring nature inside this holiday season with fresh greenery and bright red apples.
Get Inspired This Holiday Season:
- View all HOLIDAY HOME TOURS for more inspiration.
- Here are 8 kitchen holiday decorating ideas to steal from this home tour.
- Are you planning any festive parties this season? If so, I have rounded up a few of my favorite holiday cocktails for you to try.
- Don’t miss this elegant Christmas home tour with wonderful outdoor holiday ideas.
- Christmas garland decorating ideas for more than just your banister.
- Try this easy DIY holiday candle decoration. All you need is a glass hurricane, red pillar candle and white sand to resemble snow.
- Welcome to the Christmas home tour of Maria and Kenneth “Tommy” Thompson. Their attention to detail and quality custom design of every room is quite impressive.
holiday photos by Laura Trevey
Shop Latest Watercolors!
Garden Week III Watercolor$250.00
Red Heart Hibiscus WatercolorProduct on sale
Garden Week II Watercolor 16×20$375.00
Garden Week Watercolor 16×20$395.00
Welcome Home Watercolor 16×20$395.00
Perfectly Imperfect Watercolor 17×22$375.00
Breathing In Watercolor 16×20$395.00
Butterfly Ranunculus Watercolor 22×30$395.00
Spring In A Jar Watercolor 22×30$410.00