With the Memorial Day holiday this weekend and Fourth of July just a couple of months away, here is an easy appetizer with a patriotic twist. It’s so simple and delicious, you don’t even need a holiday to enjoy. Make these fun cracker and goat cheese appetizers for your family gathering and cheers to the red white and blue!
Easy Appetizer With Patriotic Twist
What you need:
- Goat cheese with sun-dried tomato and basil
- Crackers of your choice
- 2 Red Bell peppers
- Chop red peppers into thin strips. Then cut the strips into 1 inch pieces.
- Saute red peppers in a little olive oil until slightly browned. Set on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Spread the Joan of Arc® goat cheese with sun-dried tomato and basil on crackers
- Top each cracker with two strips of peppers
- For the Patriotic Twist part: Arrange crackers on a tray in rows and add a glass bowl of blueberries on the side to resemble the American Flag.
recipe and photos by laura trevey