Guess what guys? Memorial Day is near! I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to celebrate the arrival of Summer! If you are looking for something easy and fun to make for your Memorial Day or Fourth of July get-together, here are 3 ways how to make patriotic votives.
How To Make Patriotic Votives – 3 Ways
1. Patriotic Votives with Rice and Food Coloring:
I made these last year for the Fourth of July. They were a hit, so I’m making them this year for Memorial Day too! All you need is a mason jar, rice, food coloring and a votive candle.
- Start by pouring rice into 2 different bowls. Squeeze red food coloring into one bowl, and blue food coloring into the other. Mix until rice is completely coated. Let dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Pour a layer of red rice into the mason jar. Follow by a layer of plain rice and then top with the blue rice.
- Place your white votive candle on top of the blue rice and twist back and forth until the candle is pushed half way down into the rice mixture.
- Repeat and make as many as needed for your Red White and Blue celebration.
2. Easy DIY Patriotic Votives via Modge Podge Rocks. These DIY patriotic luminary votives come together quickly, so you can crank out a bunch in no time. Get the details.
3. Patriotic Votive Candle Holders via Crafts Unleashed. Make these star votives with a little tissue paper and Modge Podge. Get the details.
Memorial Day Weekend – Shop Outdoor Pillows: