I had the privilege of attending a wedding earlier this Summer in California. I have been to plenty of weddings and receptions, but this one takes the cake. Not only was every detail perfectly thought out, but it was enjoyable and fun. What made it unique and fun? I pinpointed 5 things that made this memorable wedding dinner and party so awesome and unique, that it has become my favorite to date (besides my own, of course!) But before we get to that, I have to share some the beautiful table decor:
Here are 5 Ways to Create a Memorable Wedding Dinner:
1. A Cocktail Hour : Before your wedding dinner begins, have a cocktail hour. This will give your guests a chance to mingle with the bridge and groom and other guests before the formal dinner begins. It will also prevent late-comers from interrupting the beginning of the formal dinner. Serve a variety of appetizers.
2. A Toast to the Bride and Groom : Give the bridesmaids, best man, parents or close friends a chance to toast to the bride and groom. This will help all the guests get to know the bride and groom better.
3. Guest Lib : Leave a Guest Lib for your guests to fill out while they are waiting for dinner to begin. This will help your guests feel involved and more connected.
4. Forget the Cake : If cake isn’t your thing (like me), don’t feel obligated to serve it. Set up a pie dessert buffet, with a special pie designated just for the bride and groom. After they cut it, serve up a variety of pies to your guests.
5. Dance Party : Hit the dance floor. Turn on some outdoor lighting and crank up the music to dance the night away.
Regardless of what you do for a wedding, just make it YOUnique. After all, it’s all about you.
memorable wedding dinner photos by Melissa Sunday for Bright Bold and Beautiful