Lets be honest, there are so many different options out there for clothes hangers, with endless colors, shapes, and sizes. The one downfall is that they can get really expensive! For me, my closet was filled with your basic plastic ones that the clothes always slip off of, so I decided that if I made some fabric wrapped hangers, it would not only solve the boring plastic hanger look, but it would also prevent my clothes from slipping! This tutorial is super easy and yields a really cool result! Enjoy!
DIY Fabric Wrapped Clothing Hangers
DIY Fabric Wrapped Clothing Hangers| What You’ll Need
Fabric strips (cut into 1/2″ widths)
Hot glue gun
DIY Fabric Wrapped Clothing Hangers | Directions
1. Plug in that hot glue gun and get it nice and hot. Take your fabric and cut it into 1/2″ wide strips in any length you want or have on hand. My strips were about 24 inches long and it took about 3-4 strips per hanger.
2. Take your fabric strip and glue the end to the hanger in a slight diagonal direction. Wrapping your fabric strip in that diagonal direction will allow it to wrap cleaner and tighter and it will cover more ground. Wrap your fabric around and around, adding a dab of glue after ever 3-4 wraps to keep it nice and secure.Make sure everything is nice and secure by adding the hot glue whenever you deem necessary. I made sure to add glue around the corners and edges as I worked around the hanger. Leave the hanger hook for last.
3. Once your hanger base is completely covered, we will now move on to the hook of the hanger. Take a 2 inch long piece of fabric from your fabric strip and hot glue it onto the end of the hanger hook (this ensures a cleaner way to cover the tip of hanger). Then take your long fabric strip and start to wrap it around in the same manner as you did with the hanger base all the way down. Done!
See, fabric wrapped hangers are super easy to create but look really cool! Enjoy
Popular Posts This Month
- Shop the Coastal Living Inspired Collection for coastal bedding and decor and wake up refreshed!
- 10 Things I’m Loving Right Now: Who’s excited for the new year? It’s going to be great. I love a new beginning filled with opportunities to start fresh, renew and reach for those goals. Here are 10 things I’m loving right now to head into the new year with a positive vibe.
- How to feel fulfilled and find joy: How to feel fulfilled. This is what we are all searching for, but are we looking in the right places? How about exactly where we are right now? The advice I’d give to my younger self is, “Finding joy is pretty hard to do if you are always chasing after the next big thing without appreciating where you are in the present.”
- Shop Coastal Living Decor and bring the resort vibe into your home. From bedding and bath to wall art and decorative trays, shop everything for your home with a coastal inspired feel.
- Shop the Blue Lace Agate Collection: From statement credenzas and modern desks to colorful comforters, pillows and shower curtains, feel the cool vibe of the new Blue Agate home decor line. Shop now. Free shipping on all orders today and every day.
- Please show us your stuff! Snap a pic and tag #lauratrevey @lauratrevey to be featured.
** DIY tutorial, photos and styling by Katie Gonzalez for lauratrevey.com