Lets be honest, there are so many different options out there for clothes hangers, with endless colors, shapes, and sizes. The one downfall is that they can get really expensive! For me, my closet was filled with your basic plastic ones that the clothes always slip off of, so I decided that if I made some fabric wrapped hangers, it would not only solve the boring plastic hanger look, but it would also prevent my clothes from slipping! This tutorial is super easy and yields a really cool result! Enjoy!
DIY Fabric Wrapped Clothing Hangers
DIY Fabric Wrapped Clothing Hangers| What You’ll Need
Fabric strips (cut into 1/2″ widths)
Hot glue gun
DIY Fabric Wrapped Clothing Hangers | Directions
1. Plug in that hot glue gun and get it nice and hot. Take your fabric and cut it into 1/2″ wide strips in any length you want or have on hand. My strips were about 24 inches long and it took about 3-4 strips per hanger.
2. Take your fabric strip and glue the end to the hanger in a slight diagonal direction. Wrapping your fabric strip in that diagonal direction will allow it to wrap cleaner and tighter and it will cover more ground. Wrap your fabric around and around, adding a dab of glue after ever 3-4 wraps to keep it nice and secure.Make sure everything is nice and secure by adding the hot glue whenever you deem necessary. I made sure to add glue around the corners and edges as I worked around the hanger. Leave the hanger hook for last.
3. Once your hanger base is completely covered, we will now move on to the hook of the hanger. Take a 2 inch long piece of fabric from your fabric strip and hot glue it onto the end of the hanger hook (this ensures a cleaner way to cover the tip of hanger). Then take your long fabric strip and start to wrap it around in the same manner as you did with the hanger base all the way down. Done!
See, fabric wrapped hangers are super easy to create but look really cool! Enjoy
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Search all DIY posts on lauratrevey.com for more inspiration.
- DIY Maps Letters Tutorial: Don’t discard those travel maps quite yet. Make these fun DIY Map Letters. The whole family can take part in this super easy Summer craft project.
- How to Make Floral Crowns. Are you wanting to channel your inner hippie self for festival season and learn how to make floral crowns? Here are 4 ways to rock floral crowns with Martha Stewart.
- Here’s a fun chalkboard paint DIY project: Make this keepsake with your favorite seashells.
- How To Make A Succulent Garden: Get the materials needed and video instructions.
- Here’s a cool and clever idea. Check out this recycled shutter as wall art.
Popular Posts This Month
- Shop the Coastal Living Inspired Collection for coastal bedding and decor and wake up refreshed!
- Shop Coastal Living Decor and bring the resort vibe into your home. From bedding and bath to wall art and decorative trays, shop everything for your home with a coastal inspired feel.
- 3 reasons to shop this beach house bedding!
Don’t miss a thing – Subscribe today to get the latest delivered to your inbox.
** DIY tutorial, photos and styling by Katie Gonzalez for lauratrevey.com