Let me tell you how easy it is to make creative watercolor Valentine Cards. So easy! I would much rather receive and give handmade cards for Valentine’s day, then purchase store bought ones. Wouldn’t you? You can make each card in just a few minutes. You can paint hearts or spell out the word LOVE.
Make Watercolor Valentine Cards
Here’s what you need:
- blank watercolor paper greeting cards
- watercolor paints
- paintbrush – select a waterclor flat brush for a clean edge
- bowl for mixing paint
- glass of water
- paper towels
Watercolor Valentine Cards Instructions:
- The key to watercolor is the freshness of each stroke.
- Take your brush and wet it with water. Then mix a good amount of paint on the brush.
- Start painting each letter on the card. Once you paint a stroke on the paper, do NOT go back over it.
- After each stroke, wet your brush with a little water and more paint. Spell out the letters L-O-V-E
- Let dry, and that’s it. Clean your brush with the water and let dry on the paper towels.
More Valentine goodness…
- More DIY Valentine Cards ideas.
- DIY Valentine Cards: See how to make these handmade Valentine’s Day cards in minutes.
- 5 Valentine Pinterest Picks: Here are 5 of my favorite Valentine Pinterest picks. Be sure to follow Laura Trevey and our shared Pinterest board with Martha Stewart to find cool pins like these for every holiday.
- 10 Perfect Pastel Pinks: Just in time for Valentines Day! From the latest MZ Wallace medium metro tote and UGG Shearling flats to the always popular Sugarfina gummies, click on links below to shop your favorites.
- Tropical Punch: Dreaming of island breezes and pink sand beaches? Here’s a new collection of tropical home decor with bold island colors to awaken your senses and get that tropic-inspired feel.