Let me tell you how easy it is to make creative watercolor Valentine Cards. So easy! I would much rather receive and give handmade cards for Valentine’s day, then purchase store bought ones. Wouldn’t you? You can make each card in just a few minutes. You can paint hearts or spell out the word LOVE.
Make Watercolor Valentine Cards
Here’s what you need:
- blank watercolor paper greeting cards
- watercolor paints
- paintbrush – select a waterclor flat brush for a clean edge
- bowl for mixing paint
- glass of water
- paper towels
- The key to watercolor is the freshness of each stroke.
- Take your brush and wet it with water. Then mix a good amount of paint on the brush.
- Start painting each letter on the card. Once you paint a stroke on the paper, do NOT go back over it.
- After each stroke, wet your brush with a little water and more paint. Spell out the letters L-O-V-E
- Let dry, and that’s it. Clean your brush with the water and let dry on the paper towels.
More Valentine goodness…
- Valentine gifts for her that she’ll LOVE: Now is a good time to online shop for Valentine’s Day. It’s the holiday that sneaks up on people. If you are searching for something fun and on trend, here are top Valentine gifts for her that she’ll love. Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate. Here are some candy free valentine gifts for her to accompany the sweet stuff.
- Tropical Punch: Dreaming of island breezes and pink sand beaches? Here’s a new collection of tropical home decor with bold island colors to awaken your senses and get that tropic-inspired feel.