It’s time to get our gardens ready for Fall. I am noticing everyone getting outside to spruce up, prune and plant. In addition to our yard, I love creating Fall planters to bring the Autumn colors onto our front porch and backyard patio. When deciding what to plant in containers, I think it’s fun to add colorful elements like small pumpkins and gourds. In addition to mums, I like the purple punch of color with kale and cabbage too. What do you like to use in your Fall planters?
Fall Planters and Gardening Tips
I caught the “Get Your Garden Ready for Fall” segment with Martha Stewart on the Today Show this morning. She gave her expert tips, which are useful to apply now. See Martha’s suggestions as well as some beautiful Fall planter ideas in the images below. Happy Fall.
Martha Stewart Fall Tips:
- A good rake not only gets the leaves up, but also aerates your soil. Good to know.
- It’s time to prune boxwoods and shrubs. Use hand shears to shape. “Pruning is so much fun” says Martha.
- Planting bulbs individually can be time consuming. Instead, dig out your area and apply fertilizer. Place your bulbs in the ground, root down. Make sure they are nicely spaced. Then cover the area with soil.
- Bring color onto your porch with Fall planters. Add colorful perennials and gourds.
Fall Decorating Ideas: For your Fall Planters, don’t forget about ferns. Their leaves are so pretty.
- Fresh Spring Florals For Easter!
- Spring Floral Watercolor GIVEAWAY!
- 10 New and Noteworthy Sunkissed Arrivals
- 20% Off Spring Sale!
- 10 Things I’m Loving – Spring Greens and Blues
Laura Trevey spreads her artistic expertise to bring her happy and vibrant watercolor designs to life in a variety of ways – including consumer products and online content.