Today I am going to show you how to make a succulent garden in a few simple steps. I found some beautiful flowering succulents named moss rose at Home Depot which I am going to incorporate in my arrangement. If you are more of a visual person, watch the 2 minute video and see just how easy it is to make your own succulent garden.
How To Make A Succulent Garden | Video Step by Step Tutorial
Watch this DIY Step by Step Tutorial on How To Create your own Succulent Container Garden, or see below for materials needed and instructions.
This morning I took a trip to Home Depot to purchase my plants and supplies needed. There was a huge variety of succulents to choose from. It was hard to pick which ones I wanted.
What You Need:
Cacti and Succulent Potting Mix
How To Make a Succulent Garden Instructions:
1. Firstly, place a layer of small rocks on the bottom of your container for drainage.
2. Next, place your potting soil made for cacti and succulents on top of the rocks. Wet the soil until moist.
3. Arrange your cacti and succulents in the soil and fill the rocks on top of them. I found some beautiful flowering succulents at Home Depot which add color to my garden. I used these as the centerpiece with the smaller cacti placed around the edges of the dish. You can also add rocks and other decorative objects to create interest in your container garden. Sit your garden in a sunny spot and water when you feel the soil dry again.
Succulents come in a variety of textures and colors and are easy to grow and maintain.
Outdoor Pillows for Your Porch!
Popular This Month
- 15 Mother’s Day gifts under $50! Shop now.
- 10 Ways to Punch Into Spring! Spring has arrived on the scene and it’s time to break out those bright and happy colors. From hot pink sweaters and aqua crop tops to the newest one piece swimsuit styles trending this season, click through to shop.
- Pack Your Bags and get out of town to some place sunny! Here are the latest Spring arrivals.
- Shop the OUTDOOR PILLOWS SALE! Take 20% off your order.
- Explore Charleston in the Spring: There are so many fun things to do, places to eat and shopping galore!
- The Sights of Charleston including the College of Charleston.
- 3 Reasons to Shop this beach house bedding.
- Looking for Etsy pillows? Shop our Etsy store for the same selection. And see where else you can shop Laura Trevey Designs. A quick search on Google will give you a start.
- Read more about Laura Trevey collections.