I often get asked, “How do you stay inspired?” For our Monday Inspiration post today, I am revealing my 8 tips for staying inspired as an Etsy Shop Owner. To give you a little background, I found Etsy online in December of 2008 and immediately opened my shop selling my watercolor paintings and prints.
8 Tips for Staying Inspired
1. First and foremost, love what you do. Before you turn your hobby into a business, make sure you are truly passionate about your craft. You do not want to ever feel that your craft is becoming a burden.
2. Surround yourself with positive thinking people who have similar interests. For me personally, the connections I make at blog/business conferences are invaluable. It’s nice to be a part of a group that understands what you do. I always learn from fellow artists, crafters, and business owners.
3. Take a break. If your work is becoming a chore, stop right there. I like to take a walk, get some fresh air and clear my head.
4. Feedback: I like to get feedback from my family and friends. Sometimes a “friendly” critique is exactly what I need.
5. Crank the tunes! Music definitely gives me a burst of energy. I always have my playlist ready when I am painting.
6. Get organized: I feel better when my office desk and work space is clean and organized.
7. Start something new. I have a million ideas in my head at all times. Just ask my family! I love starting a new project or trying a new technique. You never know where it might lead. It could turn out to be your new best seller.
8. Teach: I have to say that teaching others inspires me the most. Sharing ideas with others rejuvenates me and reminds me why I love what I do.
You May Also Like:
- New Laura Trevey designs and where to shop them.
- Pineapple Bedding and Decor 20% off sale.
- Greatest Showman Quotes to keep you motivated.
- 10 Inspirational quotes from entrepreneurial women.