For many of you (myself included), Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate your Mom, but also a day to celebrate being a mother yourself. This Spring holiday comes at the perfect time when our azaleas and dogwoods are in full bloom. In honor of Mother’s Day for all mothers, I teamed up with Pottery Barn to design a colorful al fresco table setting, perfect for this time of year.
Mother’s Day Table Setting Ideas and Tips
Inside or Outside: If the weather is agreeable for your Mother’s Day, I always love entertaining al fresco.
Pick Your Color Scheme: Using the colors in our backyard for inspiration, I went with a green, blue and yellow color combination which is always refreshing.
Linens: The Malena Medallion tablecloth and napkins were are perfect choice to compliment the colors in our backyard.
Flowers: Mother’s Day would not be complete without beautiful blooms in bright colors. You don’t need to stress about designing the perfect arrangement. A fresh bouquet in a tall glass pitcher is all you need.
China: I used white plates which worked well with the colorful print tablecloth. I placed the napkins on top of the plates for color contrast.
Outdoor Drinkware: With a rippled texture, I love this blue outdoor drinkware set, which added bright pops of color to the table.
Place Cards: Look to use what you have at home for place cards. For this table setting, I cut a small slit in each place card and stuck an azalea bloom through the card for a special touch.
Fruit: Your arrangements don’t always have to be flowers. I used a glass hurricane and filled it with lemons and limes for color.
Drink dispenser: For drinks, we served fresh squeezed lemonade from this fun mason jar inspired jug drink dispenser. Easy refills for everyone.
Conversation Piece: I like to add items to the table for fun. On this occasion, Pete and Puddles were the life of the party.
Trays: With their traditional riveted construction and utilitarian origin, the PB handcrafted galvanized steel trays are perfect for entertaining outdoors. In other words, you need good sturdy tray with handles.
Popular Posts This Month
- Celebrate with Pie:Whatever your occasion, celebrate with pie. Whether you are planning a wedding party, baby shower, graduation get-together or a mother’s day brunch, make the celebration a bit sweeter with delicious pie.
- Baked French Toast: A Mother’s day treat! Get the recipe.
- Resort Inspired Decor: I’m super excited about the new Inspire Daily Collection including resort inspired decor in a refreshing green and white leaf pattern. I named this new watercolor design Inspire Daily. It makes me feel hopeful and happy, the same kind of feeling I get when I’m rested and on vacation in the tropics.
Mother’s Day Table Setting Ideas photos by Laura Trevey
Shop Latest Watercolors!
Shop original art. Click on links below to shop the latest watercolors in my collection or view all original paintings. If you’d like to send as a gift to a friend, please add a personalized note (in notes at checkout) for me to include. All artwork ships in 2-3 business days. I offer Free Shipping and your original painting will arrive safely packaged on white foam core board in a plastic sleeve.
The Tango Watercolor 11×15$195.00
September Song III Watercolor 11×15$195.00
September Song II Watercolor 11×15$195.00
September Song Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Do Not Disturb, I’m Busy Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Quiet Reflection Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Silver Linings Watercolor 22×22$350.00 – $675.00
Island Time Watercolor 11×15$195.00
Juxtaposed Watercolor 18×22$250.00
- Would You Like a Good Night’s Sleep?
- 10 Things I’m Loving For Fall
- Shop Labor Day Sale!
- How Much Do You Love Coastal Art?
- You’ll Love this New Costa Del Sol Collection!