I love to try new Easter egg decorating ideas. Yesterday we made rubber band Easter eggs. This DIY project is so easy, and fun for all ages. We used an assortment of rubber bands with different size widths to make each egg unique. See steps for coloring your own eggs below.
Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Rubber Band Easter egg decorating ideas
1. Boil eggs and let them cool. Helpful hint: Adding a tablespoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt will help prevent cracking.
2. Once the eggs have cooled, take an assortment of rubber bands and twist them around the eggs. You can make criss-cross patterns or even lines. Your preference.
3. Follow egg dying instructions. Wait for eggs to dry completely. Remove the rubber bands, to reveal the white pattern. Also, do you notice the spotted or speckled designs on the eggs? You can get this artsy effect by adding salt to the water when boiling the eggs. There appears to be a flower shape on the pink egg which turned out so cool.
Other Popular Posts This Month
- Want more ideas? Here is a list of Top Easter Decorating Ideas.
- The easiest DIY Spring arrangement hack. Try it with tulips or your favorite Spring flower.
- Wonderful and thoughtful gift ideas. Shop our original watercolor paintings for sale.
- Check out our Easter Pinterest Board for more decorating tips.
- It’s time to get outside! Shop our Coastal Inspired Outdoor Pillows available in multiple sizes and designs.