I love to try new Easter egg decorating ideas. Yesterday we made rubber band Easter eggs. This DIY project is so easy, and fun for all ages. We used an assortment of rubber bands with different size widths to make each egg unique. See steps for coloring your own eggs below.
Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Rubber Band Easter egg decorating ideas
1. Boil eggs and let them cool. Helpful hint: Adding a tablespoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt will help prevent cracking.
2. Once the eggs have cooled, take an assortment of rubber bands and twist them around the eggs. You can make criss-cross patterns or even lines. Your preference.
3. Follow egg dying instructions. Wait for eggs to dry completely. Remove the rubber bands, to reveal the white pattern. Also, do you notice the spotted or speckled designs on the eggs? You can get this artsy effect by adding salt to the water when boiling the eggs. There appears to be a flower shape on the pink egg which turned out so cool.
Other Popular Posts This Month
- Want more ideas? Here is a list of Top Easter Decorating Ideas.
- The easiest DIY Spring arrangement hack. Try it with tulips or your favorite Spring flower.
- Wonderful and thoughtful gift ideas. Shop our original watercolor paintings for sale.
- Check out our Easter Pinterest Board for more decorating tips.
- It’s time to get outside! Shop our Coastal Inspired Outdoor Pillows available in multiple sizes and designs.
Shop Latest Watercolors!
Shop original art. Click on thumbnails below to shop the latest watercolors in my collection or view all original paintings. All artwork ships in 2-3 business days. I offer Free Shipping and your original painting will arrive safely packaged on white foam core board in a plastic sleeve or larger ones ship in tubes.
Garden Week III Watercolor$250.00
Red Heart Hibiscus WatercolorProduct on sale
Garden Week II Watercolor 16×20$375.00
Garden Week Watercolor 16×20$395.00
Welcome Home Watercolor 16×20$395.00
Perfectly Imperfect Watercolor 17×22$375.00
Breathing In Watercolor 16×20$395.00
Butterfly Ranunculus Watercolor 22×30$395.00
Spring In A Jar Watercolor 22×30$410.00
Follow On Instagram!
- Palm Beach Chic
- Mothers Day SALE
- New! Giclee Fine Art Prints
- Celebrate Garden Week
- Coastal Inspiration Delivered